The Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center (RIAC) is searching for two ESOL Volunteer Teachers! RIAC’s ESOL classes begin in September and are held Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center (ISBCC) located in Roxbury. We are excited to continue this program which offers free and open English classes to the community. Many classes around Boston have extremely long wait lists and eligibility requirements- posing a challenge for recently arrived refugees who are eager to learn the language in order to become more self sufficient. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a positive impact on the refugee and immigrant communities!
Volunteer ESOL Teacher
Hours: An average of 10 hours per week beginning in late Aug.
• Coordinate program operations at ISBCC.
• Assist with outreach, student intake, assessment and class placement
• Develop and organize curriculum and other teaching materials
• Teach 5 hours per week, Tuesday and Thursday 6:00 – 8:30
• Work closely with the program’s Education/Employment Counselor
• Maintain records and complete reports
Experience teaching adult ESOL. BA minimum. Curriculum development and program management experience helpful. Certification in Best Plus required.
Please send resumes and cover letter to the RIAC general e-mail: