Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker – Part-time
**This position is for 4 hr per week. Schedule can be flexible to meet your needs!
Under minimal supervision, provides clinical social work services to assist clients and families cope with
complex personal, family, and environmental problems. Performs psychosocial and risk assessments,
assigns diagnoses and develops and implements interventions and treatment plans. Participates in
planning and implementing of discharge and individual service plans and works with community teams
and outside agencies to plan, implement and follow-up on treatment and provision of needed services.
The staff at RIAC works together to provide quality care that makes a difference in the lives of
historically underserved communities and that leads to a satisfying and rewarding work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to assist them in dealing with emotional and mental illness, esp. trauma or physical abuse, substance abuse and domestic violence. Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, and confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of client. Modify treatment plans according to changes in client status. Educate clients and community members about mental and physical illness, abuse, medication, and available community resources.
- Collaborate with counselors, physicians and nurses to plan and coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and client needs.
- Participates and effectively uses supervision to enhance practice by incorporating feedback from supervision.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals and medical necessity for treatment. Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, and providing support.
- Refer client or family to community resources for housing or treatment to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Counsel and aid family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or family.
- Clinically current and demonstrates commitment to professional growth.
Minimum skills, knowledge and requirements needed for the job
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in Social Work and a minimum of two years experience.
- Analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems for relatively complex systems.
- Great communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views and mediate fair solutions, or well developed writing skills.
- Work requires regularly stooping, bending, reaching and grasping objects above and below shoulder level and frequently reaching and grasping objects at shoulder level.
- Work requires regularly grasping and fine manipulation with hands.
- Regularly proofreading and checking paper and digital documents for accuracy.
Certification, Registration, or Licensure required by the Job
Current state licensure as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
If you are interested, please submit your CV to:
Anab Egal, [email protected], (617)238-2432
253 Roxbury Street, Boston, MA 02119