We have received a flood of interest in volunteering over the past couple of weeks, and are developing a broader slate of volunteer opportunities than we have had in the past. Many of these will be on an as-needed basis. This provides flexibility to both volunteers and clients, especially if you are unavailable during weekday business hours.
– Transportation (picking up/dropping off donations, transporting clients to/from appointments, assisting with airport pick-ups)
– Help with community events (such as the World Refugee Day block party we held last weekend)
– Translation assistance
– Assist families with daily tasks (locating grocery stores, using public transportation, etc.)
– Accompany families on fun activities in the area (exploring Boston landmarks, visiting parks and museums, etc.)
– Cultural orientation and English speaking practice
Name, Address, Phone Number, Email
Access to a car/willingness to assist with transportation? If so, how many seats? Do you have car seats for children?
Do you speak any languages other than English?
What days/times are you available to volunteer? We will try not to bother you with requests that do not match your schedule.
What days/times are you available to come to RIAC for a 1-hour orientation session? This will most likely be a weekday evening.
Once we have this information we will schedule an orientation session and begin contacting you with opportunities to volunteer. If you have any questions please contact Gabrielle at [email protected]