Post-Resettlement Community Services (PRCS) –
As part of our mission to foster civic engagement and skills, we provide citizenship services at the Center to refugees and immigrants. Under the PRCS program, RIAC assists clients applying for a Permanent Resident Card commonly called a “green card”.
- Completing and filing green card applications and related documents
- Providing critical information, translation and interpretation relating to the filing process
- Following up on pending cases in a timely manner
- Tracking cases and maintain records and reports for reference
– Citizenship –
As part of our continued effort to intergrate and enable newcomers to fully participate in our nation and commonwealth, RIAC provides Citizenship Classes.
- Prapare for the citizenship exam
- Prepare eligible clients for U.S. Citizenship Interview
- Assist with naturalization process and requirements
- Stress the importance of voting and general civic participaition, U.S. history and governm